Fundraising news -
- Natalie [Sophie's God daughter] ran in the Leeds 10k run , and raised over £500 for Sophies Fund. Well done Natalie, Sophie would have been very proud of you. To sponsor her go to - http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NatalieChandler1
- The Lord Wandsworth College mufti day resulted in a total of £1100 being donated to Sophie's Fund ! What an amazing result . Thank you Girls, and all your lovely friends, for your efforts. You can read their Presentation here - LWC presentation
- We have received another very generous donation from Jane Wynn, from the proceeds of the lovely paintings she does of animals and children. www.puddleportraits.co.uk
- Clare Kenny Tipton cycled from Bankok to Ankor Wat, a distance of more than 250 km, to raise funds for Sophie's Fund.
- Alfie, [Sophie's Godson] and Fi successfully completed the Padstow to Rock swim in just over 20 minutes- it was approximately 1 mile across, in cold choppy water. They raised over £1000 for Sophies Fund ! To quote Fiona "Alfie coming in a few minutes ahead of me of course! It seemed to be a lot further than it looked and sometimes it seemed I wasn't going forward at all! Negotiating moored up boats added an interesting dimension, and don't tell Alfie but there were more than a few jellyfish. Thanks so much Grace and JoJo, William and Wendy Thomas for being there to greet us. So very grateful to all those that sponsored us for such a great cause on our first open water swim event."
We were invited to speak to the members of the Church of St Mary's in Totnes at their monthly Charity Sunday, and received donations of more than £300.
The Cameo Singers from Torquay, have chosen Sophie's Fund as their Charity for this year, and have already raised over £300. Thank you David Williams and all your colleagues. [And Jane, for being the original contact]
Jane and Charlie raised £200 for Sophie's Fund - thank you to all for the most generous donations.
Mireille raised £900 at her Mini Christmas Market in November.
Kate raised £255 for Sophie's Fund selling Xmas crafts and other bits and bobs made by her and her mum, at their local church autumn fare.
A party was held in September at Wittering Beach. There was a BBQ, and lots of games with what seemed like hundreds of children. Thank you Justin and Kathy, and everyone else, for making it such a success. We also received a considerable number of donations - thank you everyone.
Sam raised £600 with her "Keep September Sober" !
Steve ran in a 15k run in Kuala Lumpur on 1st November. [And survived !]
Beaming Babies ran a Special Week dedicated to Sophie's Fund, and donated £1 of every Beaming Baby Order, raising £548 in the process. Jane has also donated a sum of money to the Fund for every commission for her lovely drawings of animals.
Fob raised nearly £2000 running the Cape Town Marathon, in memory of Sophie, and to support Sophie's Fund.
Des and Jem raised £2400.00 at their dinner party !
Standing Orders -
Donating regularly by standing order is one of the best ways you can become part of, and support Sophie’s Fund, allowing you to relax in the knowledge that you don’t need to feel that you have to donate every time there is an individual Sophie’s Fund fundraising event. More importantly, regular payments allow us to progress with our long term commitment to the girls at The Home of Peace.
Should you wish to pursue this as a regular payment option, it is a very straightforward exercise, and just a few pounds a month will go a long way
The simplest way to set up a Standing Order is via online banking – our bank details are –
- Account name: Sophie’s Trust
- Account number: 74654144
- Sort Code: 60 23 05
Please put your name as a reference for the payment, so we know who the payment has come from, and we would appreciate an email (William.firstname.lastname@example.org ) confirming that you have set the standing order up.
Or you can download the Standing Order form at -
Alternatively send us your address, and we will post you the appropriate form for you to complete, and return to us, and we will do the hard work for you.